What can you expect?
Mr Nicholas Bennett is able to perform a wide variety of Plastic Surgical, Reconstructive and Aesthetic procedures, in a safe, professional environment in association with a number of highly trained health professionals.
If you decide to consult Mr Bennett about plastic surgery you will :
- Meet with him at the Spire Portsmouth Hospital for a relaxed, unhurried consultation.
- Be asked about your relevant medical history and be given advice as to how to optimise your health prior to surgery, such as stopping certain medications.
- Have the opportunity to discuss the treatment and be informed of potential risks or alternative treatments.
- Receive advice on traditional and modern surgical techniques.
- For many procedures you will receive an information brochure to take away to read in your own time.
- In unusual or complicated cases, it will be possible to seek the opinion of another professional colleague.
- Be given the opportunity to think about things before making the decision to undergo surgery.
- Your dignity and privacy will be respected, with a chaperone present during intimate examinations.
- Appropriate investigations will be arranged if necessary.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss your anaesthetic and be anaesthetised by a Consultant Anaesthetist.
- You will be given advice on after-care prior to your discharge from hospital.
Mr Bennett will usually make contact with your General Practitioner after your initial consultation. You will receive a copy of the letter too.